What to do if my credit card is not being accepted at sign up?
During the sign-up process, ShowMojo authorizes your credit card not just to prove that it is charge-worthy, but also in an attempt to confirm it belongs to you.
If your credit card fails during the sign up process, please try the following:
- Confirm you are using the correct billing zip code (more often than not, an incorrect billing zip code is the issue).
- Just as a sanity check, confirm you are using the correct security code and expiration date.
- Confirm with your credit card company that you have all the above information correct.
- Confirm with your credit card company that everything else is ok with the credit card account.
- Try a different credit card.
When a credit card fails, this is because the credit card issuer communicates to ShowMojo that we will not be able to charge the card. In most cases, there is nothing ShowMojo can do to "make" a credit card go through.
At the same time, we want the sign up process to be as simple as possible. If you have been working with a sales person, please reach out to them. Or contact us via the Sales page and let us know you are having a credit-card-related issue with sign up.