Automatically Validate Prospect Identity with a Credit Card
ShowMojo offers credit card validation as one way to confirm the identity (and seriousness) of a prospective renter.
Credit card validation, similar to Document Verification, is a common safeguard used prior to allowing a prospect to access a property on their own via a lockbox. These types of verifications can reduce overall showings. One thing to consider is Letting Each Prospect Choose between Credit Card or Document Verification.
ShowMojo accepts credit card details from a prospect and -- in a fashion similar to how a restaurant will validate you and your card prior to adding tip to the bill -- confirms:
- That the card account is in good standing.
- The chargeability of the card (for at least one dollar).
- Additional "personal" details provided by the prospective renter, such as zip code and the card validation code. Note: this is dependent upon the individual card issuer and card issuers do not validate the name on the card.
This activity is as good as charging the card. And, therefore, ShowMojo does not charge the card. Credit card validation is a complimentary service provided to the prospect.
ShowMojo makes information such as the prospect's address available within the ShowMojo Dashboard. However, ShowMojo never stores credit card data. Credit card information is encrypted on the prospect's browser, transmitted to our payment processor for approval, and then safely discarded.
Type of Card Accepted
ShowMojo can be configured to accept:
- Only true credit cards.
- Credit cards and pre-paid cards.
- Credit cards and debit cards (a.k.a. bank cards).
- Any of the above options.
This setting can be updated on the Showing Qualification Settings page.
Remembering the Prospect
When a prospect validates their credit card with ShowMojo, that activity (and the applicable type of card) is remembered for 30 days. As the prospect continues to schedule showings, ShowMojo will not ask the same prospect to validate the same (or a lesser) type of card.