Whether or Not to Schedule Using Open Houses
Before you use ShowMojo for scheduling open houses, please take a moment to ask if that's something you really want to do.
ShowMojo improves the individual and group showing experience to an extent that there are normally better options than sitting at open houses. Seriously, how much time do you want to lose waiting at a property while random prospects might or might not show? In general, we discourage open houses as not a best use of anyone's time.
If you really believe the open house is the right format for you, then there are actually many ways to go about scheduling open houses. What we detail here is one of the best options for supporting open houses at multiple listings on one calendar.
- Go to the Calendar page and create a new calendar. Be sure to select the "multiple listings that cannot share the same showing windows" calendar type.
- Name the calendar "Open Houses" or something similar, and save it.
- In the Options section, update the "schedule showtimes" field to the average duration to use for each open house
- Also in the Options section, update the "do not allow more than" field to the total number of prospects you are willing to allow at the open house. We assume this number will be quite large.
- In the Availability section, you can schedule an open house that repeats each week in the "normally available at" section on the left. Just add a new show window for the specific listing and set only the start time.
- Also, in the Availability section, you can schedule an open house at a non-repeating time in the "on these dates" section on the right. Just add a new date, add a new show window for the specific listing, and set only the start time.
That's it. Be sure to review the appropriate schedule-a-showing pages to confirm the times appear correctly.
Please note, multiple prospects won't be able to book showings at the same time for teams using the Lead Claim feature.